Monday, October 11, 2010

Study Break: Indian Fusion Dinner


I was raised by an Italian mother who stayed true to her roots and cooked a pasta dish or something (chicken, eggplant, etc.) parmigiana practically every night for dinner when I was growing up. But despite being raised on meat sauce (or gravy), pasta, and cheese, I’ve always been adventurous when it comes to trying new food. However, up until yesterday I’d never tried Indian cuisine. Basera Indian Bistro was the perfect first step into my new found obsession. Located on 9th Avenue between 51st and 52nd, Basera offers a comfy environment, college student friendly price tag and delicious Indian American fusion food for its patrons. My favorite part of the meal was the garlic naan which was great for dipping in the chettinad chicken I ordered. Its sauce was very spicy, which I love, and the chicken was really tender (for under $15!). I was totally full by the end of the meal. After my friend and I could not stuff our faces any longer, we casually walked the 10 blocks uptown to our Lincoln Center campus and caught the 9 o’clock Ram Van back to Rose Hill. In 30 short minutes I was back to studying for midterms but at least got to savor a little break from it all with some yummy Indian American cuisine.


For Basera's full menu click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment